FSBA staff has prepared a spreadsheet that provides a list of the school board candidates that have qualified for election this fall and has posted this information on the FSBA website on the State Government Relations page – you will find the page listed in the drop-down menu under the “Advocacy” tab or you may use this direct link: http://www.fsba.org/state-government-relations/. The FSBA staff has tried to supply as much information as possible, using data gathered from local school board offices and from the Supervisor of Elections in each county.
The school board election data breaks down as follows (please note that all school board races are non-partisan):
- 210 school board seats are up for election
- 444 candidates have qualified for election to those 210 seats
- 59 school board members have been re-elected without opposition
- 6 new school board members have been elected without opposition
- 41 school board members did not seek re-election or vacated their school board seat
For your information, we have also posted qualifying information for candidates for the Florida Legislature, Governor and Cabinet, and Florida’s congressional delegation — this information is drawn from the state Division of Elections website. After the Primary Election on August 26, 2014, we will provide you with updated information on the results for the school board races as well as the state and federal races.