Registration: coming soon
Tentative Agenda: coming soon
This 1-day training is designed to educate individual board members on the skills and knowledge of Boardsmanship. Participants will receive seven (7) Leadership points in the CBM Program for attending this training session.
Boardsmanship is perhaps the most important virtue for school board members to possess and to constantly exhibit to the community. The public must be assured of each board member’s willingness to assume and perform all roles/responsibilities associated with the position. By earning and preserving the public’s trust and respect, a school board can create and sustain a climate for excellence and collaboration for public education. To earn the confidence and to achieve the support of the public, board members are obligated to attain a high level of boardsmanship skills and knowledge.
Registration for this forum is $250 for members and $500 for non-members and includes breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks. The deadline to register is January 18, 2018.
Registration for this forum is $250 for members and $500 for non-members and includes breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks.
The deadline to register is January 18, 2018.
The content of this forum is based on the following desired outcomes:
- Review the background/history of public education in the US and Florida and the evolution of the school board as a corporate body.
- Identify and examine the specific governance roles of school board members.
- Determine individual core values, learning styles, mode of processing of information, and personality style.
- Compare and contrast the powers and duties of the school board and the superintendent.
- Examine the essential components of effective school board meetings and review parliamentary procedures.
- Explore best practices of school board members.