FSBA offers the service of providing a facilitator for workshops scheduled by the school board and other school district groups. The facilitator’s role is to achieve quality results for the group by maximizing involvement of all participants. Other facilitator functions include:
- guiding the school board or group in meaningful and productive conversation;
- charting the major points from the group’s discussions;
- giving feedback;
- creating and providing a safe environment for discussion to occur;
- summarizing, organizing, and categorizing the results;
- assisting with developing a plan of action and determining next steps, if appropriate; and
- keeping the group “on task” to assure that the predetermined meeting outcomes are achieved.
The fee for this service for member districts is $950.00/per day in addition to all travel, lodging, and food expenses of the consultant. The fee for this service for non-member districts is $1,500/per day in addition to all travel, lodging, and food expenses of the consultant.
To arrange a facilitator for a workshop, a school official will need to contact Tina Pinkoson, Coordinator of Professional Development, at the FSBA office, who will be responsible for securing a facilitator for the workshop.