“Where Do You Draw the Line?” Ethics Training for School District Officials
FREE ONLINE WEBINAR: REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
- PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE COURSE BY 12/31/2018 to meet the statutory requirement
FSBA is proud to offer FREE Ethics Training to assist school board members and district officials comply with the mandated ethics training requirement for all Florida Constitutional Officers found in Section 112.3142, Florida Statutes. This law requires all constitutional officers to complete 4 hours of ethics training annually that addresses, at a minimum
- the constitutional “Sunshine Law” provisions (Article II, Section 8),
- the statutory Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees (Chapter 112, Part III, F.S.),
- and the public records and public meetings laws.
Additionally, FSBA’s Ethics Training Program addresses conflicts of interest, doing business with one’s own agency, misuse of position, gifts and honoraria, financial disclosure, and much more. To maintain compliance with the law, constitutionally elected officials must complete the mandated ethics training no later than December 31, annually.
“Where Do You Draw The Line?” Ethics Training for School District Officials includes training in:
- Sunshine Law
- Public Records Law
- misuse of position
- financial disclosure requirements
- ethics complaints
- other ethics provisions.