February 8, 2017
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Registration information: registration now closed
Tentative Agenda: CLICK HERE
The content of this forum is designed to give board members a better understanding of topics such as:
- the Florida Education Finance Program (FEFP),
- elements comprising the FEFP formula,
- the base student allocation (BSA),
- the district cost differentials (DCDs),
- required local effort (RLE),
- categorical programs, and lottery funding,
- capital outlay funds, and
- truth in millage (TRIM).
Participants will learn about full-time equivalent (FTE) weights, and the importance of accurate full-time equivalent (FTE) student enrollment projections, as well as how to calculate weighted FTE values.
Join us for this very informative forum led by two dynamic experts in the field
- Judy Preston, Former Associate Superintendent of Financial Services, Brevard County School District and,
- Gretchen Saunders, Chief Business Officer, Hillsborough County School District
Registration for this forum is $225 and includes breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks. THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS JANUARY 27, 2017.
Mission Inn Resort & Club
10400 County Road 48
Howey In The Hills, FL 34737
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Mission Inn Resort & Club for Tuesday, February 7 through Wednesday February 8, 2017. The room rate is $127, single/double occupancy. Please call the hotel at 1.800.874.9053 to make your room reservation, and be sure to identify yourself as a member of the Florida School Boards Association. THE DEADLINE FOR RESERVATIONS IS FRIDAY JANUARY 13, 2017.