FSBA takes pride in keeping our members and others informed about legislative activities during each legislative session and throughout the year. Our goal is to ensure that the voice of local school board members is heard in every public policy forum in which education decisions are made or influenced. Our activities are guided by FSBA’s annually adopted Legislative Platform and are supported by a variety of electronic and video publications, events, and advocacy tools.
FSBA Legislative Platform and Positions
- Adopted FSBA 2017 Legislative Platform
- Adoped FSBA 2017 Federal Platform
- FSBA Positions on Issues of Continuing Concern
FSBA Resource Room — Timely news and information on key topics including Accountability, Education Funding, Facilities, Legal News, and more
- FSBA Session Spotlight — a daily report on key bills under consideration, committee meetings, floor action, and other activities each day of the Legislative Session.
- FSBA Legislative Session Summary — an end-of-session analysis of education funding and bills passed during the legislative session. (Links to 2016 FSBA Legislative Session Summary)
- 2017 Legislative Session Center — links to information on bills, funding, and related materials for the 2017 Session
Legislative Advocacy Toolkit
- Website and Email Links
- Legislative Process Background Information