This forum offers both new and veteran school board members a knowledge base of the role they play in employee bargaining in Florida. Interacting with employee unions and their members places the school board in the position of balancing policy and politics. Also, increased demands on public education require labor contracts to be creative and responsive to internal and external (i.e., public) perceptions of a school district’s priorities. When properly conducted, the bargaining process can be an effective means for accomplishing the school board’s philosophical and programmatic goals. The following topics are covered:
- introduction to bargaining – historical perspective and legal requirements
- the bargaining process
- impasse and legislative hearings
- the political climate and impact of bargaining.
Participants are eligible to receive seven (7) knowledge points in the CBM program by completing the CBM form after attending this training session. The link to access the form will be emailed to you and listed on our website.
Member Rate: $225
Non-Member Rate: $450
- The deadline to register is September 12, 2019.
- To receive a full refund for registration, a request must be submitted in writing to Leslie Dunlap (Dunlap@fsba.org) no later than 5pm on September 19, 2019.
Mission Inn and Resort
10400 County Road 48 Howey-in-the-Hills, FL
- Block/hotel information: The block room rate for this event is $136.00 and the deadline to receive this pricing is August 26, 2019
Key West Resort on Lake Dora