Monday marks Week 2 of Florida’s Interim Committee Meetings leading up to the 2021 Legislative Session. Our team has updated the SCHEDULE as well as our BILL TRACKING LIST for you to use as a reference. You can access the legislative toolkit and other resources at any time HERE.
Both chambers will continue to require a negative Covid-19 rapid test for members and staff. The Senate doubled down on their protocols in a memo this week reminding members to please keep guests (including lobbyists and advocates) out of the building. The Senate has added additional seating outside the building for optional meeting space. Here are some topics/bills that may be of interest throughout the week:
- 9:00 a.m. EDR: Education Estimating Conference will be held to discuss PreK-12 Enrollment in Florida School Districts
- 2:30 p.m. SB 72 Civil Liability for Damages Relating to Covid-19 by Senator Brandes will be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The bill in its current form (identical to HB 7 by Rep. McClure) includes educational institutions.
- 9:00 a.m. Senate Education Committee meets
- 4:00 p.m .House Education & Employment Committee will meet and hear presentations on comprehensive, coordinated workforce and education systems that respond to the rapidly changing workforce.
- 9:00 a.m. Senate Government Oversight and Accountability will meet. One of several bills to be heard: SB 204 Abolishing the CRC by Brandes.
- 2:00 p.m. House Pre-K12 Appropriations will meet for a budge workshop
- 4:00 p.m. the House Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee will hold a panel discussion covering tools and resources available to consumers of the state’s education and workforce systems.
- 12pm House members must file at least 2 of the 7 bills allotted
- 5:00 p.m. Senators must submit request for drafts of general bills and joint resolutions (including companion bills)