#FridayFive – Special Edition
Executive Director, Andrea Messina, shares some of the top NSBA Conference takeaways
Last week, I attended the 76th NSBA Annual Conference in Boston, MA with several of your executive officers and school board members from across Florida and the US. In reflecting on my experiences there, I wanted to share 5 takeaways from the conference as this week’s Friday Five.
- ESSA is the hot topic AND local participation is THE key: http://www.nsba.org/newsroom/essa-creates-opportunities-local-leaders-0 and http://www.nsba.org/newsroom/new-federal-ed-law-offers-renaissance-local-control
- Competencies, not knowledge, are the new measuring stick: http://www.nsba.org/newsroom/wagner-help-students-become-smart-creatives-0
- Board members must know technology happenings: https://www.nsba.org/newsroom/tech-trends-school-board-members-need-know-0 and https://www.nsba.org/newsroom/transforming-technology-0
- Public school districts all across America are doing great things: http://www.nsba.org/newsroom/american-school-board-journal/magna-awards/2016-grand-prize-winners
- You cannot be afraid to fail: https://www.nsba.org/newsroom/wahl-dont-be-afraid-fail-0