FSBA recognizes that excellence in student achievement depends greatly upon having dedicated educators who are highly skilled, thoroughly trained, and fairly compensated. In order to attract and retain topnotch instructional and administrative personnel, each school district must have the control and flexible use of adequate funds for professional development, competitive salaries, and programs to support and mentor personnel.
- FDOE Data on School Personnel
- 2018 Best & Worst States for Teachers — WalletHub
- Florida TaxWatch Briefing on Florida’s Largest Public Employers
Teacher Recruitment & Retention
- FDOE Memo: Best & Brightest Program FAQ Part I — 7/17/19
- FDOE Memo: Best & Brightest Program FAQ Part II — 7/29/19
- Center for Public Education Overview of Teacher Shortage